My husband is turning FIFTY this week.
Yep, the BIG FIVE O!!
Thought I would share a few things about Mark…
things that I love about him.
1. He was born into a loving and strong Christian family
2. He has a good sense of humor
3. He is crazy about our kids
4. He learned early the value of hard work
5. He’s quick to laugh
6. He is a “glass half full” kind of guy
7. He’s always ready for an adventure
(yes, those are real cobras!)
8. He see challenges, not problems
9. He refuses to settle for status-quo
10. He is a man of strong character
11. He loves and respects his father.
12. He is loyal
13. He’s a good listener and doesn’t try to “fix” me
14. He is quick to forgive
15. He is a great mentor
16. He sees God in everything
17. He could of been a professional race car driver
or soccer player
18. He is, in a word… stable
19. He is disciplined
20. He is a wonderful father
21. He enjoys his son-in-laws
22. He sees the best in people and situations
23. He sacrifices for his family
24. He believes in me
25. He is so very handsome
26. He has a servants heart
27. He went racing with God (you’ll have to ask him)
28. He is a talented and innovative builder
29. treating his employees, subs, and clients with respect and fairness
30. He is intelligent
31. He always stands for what is right, regardless of popular opinion
32. He uses great word pictures to share his insight and wisdom
33. He appreciates his heritage
34. He loves history
35. He will eat anything anywhere
36. He lives life
37. He is committed
38. He is authentic… the real deal
39. He is excited about being a grandpa
40. He took dance lessons with me
41. He is a romantic
42. He leads well
43. He is centered in his relationship with Jesus Christ
44. He is unselfish
45. He loves to travel
46. He loves and cares for my parents
47. He is an encourager
48. He walks his talk
49. He is dependable, someone you can lean on
50. He is the rock in our family
I love you, Mark
24 thoughts on “50 things”
All I can say is WOW!!! What a great gift!
You da man, Happy Birthday! You should consider bringing the stache back.
Happy Early Bithday, Dad! Have fun in Montreal. I loved looking at all the pictures. Thanks mom, for putting that together.
Ok that was truly touching Ruthi! What an amazing tribute and all of it true. You are blessed with an amazing hubby 🙂 Happy Birthday Mark!!!
Awesome!!!! Each and every attribute very characteristic of who Mark is. You’ve captured him beautifully in words and pictures. You both are a blessing to ALL the lives you touch. Happy Birthday Mark!
We love you,
The 5 K’s.
Wow, is right. What an aweosme tribute. Happy birthday, Mark.
Happy Birthday Mark!
What fun to look back on 50 years of Mark’s life…. great job, Ruthi… and Happy, happy birthday, Mark!!! and to all that lies ahead!
What a great tribute to Mark in picture & word! So very special..thank you for sharing!! You two are so special!
Happy Birthday Mark!
A great tribute – Provesrbs 20:6 “Most men will proclaim each his own goodness, but who can find a faithful man?”
An amazing journey, now I have to find tissues in the house. Thanks for letting me to continue to be a part of your journey. I love you very much and of course Mark too!
exactly the brother I knew,for many years!!Happy Birthday
Beautiful couple in many ways!I thank GOD for you two!!
That was awesome Ruthi, you are so talented, yet so truly blessed w/ a GREAT husband!! Happy 50th Birthday Mark welcome to the club!! Tim & Diana
Happy Birthday, Marc! A wonderful tribute to wonderful man of character
Thank you for giving me a good cry. That is so thoughtful and well done. Happy Birthday Mark!!!!
thank you Robin!
51. He is a son-in-law who has become more like a son. We love, appreciate and respect you, Mark for the man you have become.
Thank you for your commitment to your vows
For loving and caring for our daughter,
For nurturing with love our grandaughters,
For mentoring your sons-in-law as a father,
And for adoring your precious grandson!
Thank you for your love, concern, compassion and care that you have demonstrated to your In-Laws!
HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY AND MANY MORE, MARK
God richly bless you, Mom & Dad “Y” – Art & Evy
that was really nice Mom!
Quite possibly the best birthday present I have ever seen. You both are an inspiration to many! I love you. Happy Birthday Uncle Mark
thank you Rachel
Happy Birthday Mark.
Some of these pictures bring back memories of B.L. you know the hair.. 🙂
Wishing you best on your 50th. Have a great day with your family.
Patty Franklin (Emhoff)
oh yes! the hair 🙂
Happy Belated 50th Birthday Mark! What precious memories you have given as we walk down memory lane with you. I’m such a proud papa I can hardly keep my cap on! Thanks for following in my steps in so many ways, but especially as a man of God, and for leading the way so your family can follow in your steps. May the Lord give you many more precious years to enjoy life and family. Thanks Ruthi for a wonderful tribute. It is awesome!
thank you everyone for your kind words!